Dear World.

Is this what you’ve come to?

Do you see how you react to the deaths in one country, but can’t show the same remorse for another? Can you see how you paint the lives in one country all over the globe, so beautifully, but you leave no room to paint lost lives in other countries with the same colours? How can you mourn, stop still for 60 seconds as one for one country, yet forget the destruction of others so quickly.

Look at yourself world! With what logic do you blame a whole community for the acts of a minority whose beliefs contradict the rulings behind that community? If one employee commits an act of suspension, does the entire company fall? Are all the employees in the entire company blamed because that one employee chose his own manner of things? Tell me world, how do you connect such vile doings with a community who stand for peace?

Tell me world… With what authority do you touch women with the intent to harm them! It takes great courage for a woman to dress modestly and willingly cover herself up in this day and age; drowning in a generation where women who may as well own no clothes are looked at as inspiration. Tell me world, how dare you put your hands on a woman’s hijab? How do you justify humiliating, and dishonouring a woman?

Tell me world, when did you start getting so good at becoming a sheep? Rule number one has always been; if you haven’t seen or heard it yourself – DONT BELIEVE IT. Why are you hell bent on hanging onto every single world you get a chance to grab from the media. Do you have a mind of your own. Or have we come to that point where you’re unable to function your own brain without believing everything you read in the media?

I just can’t manage to get my head around it all world… How do you justify the killings of innocent children? Tearing them up as though a butcher with its meat! With what heart do you wipe thousands of children off the globe every single day?

Tell me world, is this what you’ve come to? Do I have to share my world with you?

Throw me off the Earth to a world where all lives matter. I don’t care to be part of a world that has no care for me!

Nm.

1. November 21, 2015 / 10:34 pm

All lives do matter, eventually the rest of the world will wake up.

2. November 22, 2015 / 12:32 am

Yes they do. We are humans first before any religion, race, ethnicity, society, status, colour…etc. #allLivesMatter

3. November 22, 2015 / 12:52 am

We are in the midst of magnificent change. The world is tired of war, hate, and separation. Things will fall into place. Just love.

4. November 22, 2015 / 1:05 am

In the beginning there was ignorance, now stupidity and laziness corrupts us all. With these three traits, mankind will fall into a chaos we now know as the world.

5. November 22, 2015 / 10:11 am

I always thought I stood above the racists and bigots of this world but accepting and admitting that I too have played my part feels like a strange sort of release and feels much healthier than the self-righteous position I held before. I never did any wrong or harmful, but perhaps by not speaking up or for not owning up my white privilege, I did become part of the problem.

I fear it will get worse before it will get better, but I do feel more and more people are feeling this same desperation you describe and in a way, that is a good thing.

Thank you for your letter to the world, message received!

• November 22, 2015 / 1:07 pm

Your comment has made me feel so good about what I’ve written so thank you so much for that X

6. November 23, 2015 / 2:08 pm

You have said what so many are too emotional to put into words. What so many are too exhausted to keep repeating upon deaf ears. What so many have lost hope to even bother to continue to utter. Thank you for sharing.
    Peace & Blessings…

7. November 23, 2015 / 7:30 pm

We all matter ….but the world never sees because they act blindly in the direction they are pointed at…insha’Allah one day…We will all be equal.till then, let’s be patient in this trying times.