5 Inspirational Quotes

Reading helps me escape the harsh realities of this world, and get lost and explore the walls and hidden rooms of a brand new world. A brand new world that always end up giving me gentle reminders of the harsh realities of my real world. There is magic hidden in the pages of every books, and some of us like to be transformed by what we read. One of them being yours truly! ME!

There is a different kind of magic in words, and stories bring them life. They take you on a journey, one that can torture and stab you, one that teaches you, one you learn lessons from, words you take back with you to your own world; because they touch your heart.

There are many books I’ve read that have moved me from the first page to the last. My head would be buried in between the pages for hours and hours, until I soaked up every last but of literature. George R.R Martin writes in “A Dance With The Dragons,” “..A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads only lives one.”  You have free entry into worlds that will move you, inspire you, even motivate you.

I have put together 5 quotes from different books, words that have touched so I hold them in my fists and shove them in my pocket, everywhere I go. The different worlds put together in the pages of the books you read, have the power to transform you and your own world.

The very first is; Paul Cohello – The Alchemist.

1 (22)

This is the best reminder to my fellow dreamers to stay focused and to continue being hopeful. I get criticised often for being a dreamer; and not a realist. I shouldn’t be too hopeful because thing don’t always work out the way that we expect it to.  But I’m still hopeful because I know that if I desire something, that drives from a positive and happy place, and it brings me joy working on that dream, that sense of happiness nourishes the Soul of the Universe.

On the other hand, if I’m not getting what I want and my dreams aren’t coming true for me even by the smallest means, then that’s because my desires drive from a negative place. I can’t be so unhappy with not getting what I want, or get desperate with making my dream come true, I can’t be sad without it. Just like happiness nourishes the Soul of the Universe, negative feelings towards your dream, whether that be anger, or frustration, that weakens the Soul of the Universe killing your desires with it.

Next up we have; F. Scott Fitzgerald – The Great Gatsby

1 (23).jpg

The final lines of The Great Gatsby conclude the novel entirely. As human beings, we struggle with moving beyond the past. We’re all the captain of our own ship, and throughout our journey on the sea, we will be hit by currents that will change the direction of your ship. When the waters are rough, it makes moving our ship forward and making progress, difficult. The current is a reflection of our past, which work against us, and always try to pull us backwards. We’re constantly fighting to move on with our lives, we want to keep growing, and progressing. If we stand still for a second, we’ll find ourselves in the past.

One of my favorite reads; Khaled Hosseini – A Thousand Splendid Suns

paul cohello (3)

Anyone that knows me well will also know that I am the most impatient person to ever live on this Earth. It’s something I try hard to work on because patience is power. I may take the award for being the most impatient person to ever live on this Earth, I’m positive I’m not the only one in this club.  There’re a lot of other members in this club, and we all dislike the notion of waiting as we don’t know what we’re to expect! All the members of this exclusive club would rather the wait be over as quick as possible because we want to move onto our next goal, or our next step. Every moment you have is a blessing, do something with the time you have, pour your force into other things to bide your time. What is meant for you will find you when in the time it’s supposed to.

Drum rooooolllll; J.R.R Tolkien  Lord of the Rings

paul cohello (2)

I’m lost most of the time, I find myself in places I never expected I’d ever be in, and always question the direction I’m going. I have dreams and aspirations, but it’s taking me a long time to get there because my journey isn’t a straight path, it’s taking every turn in the road that in possibly can. Just because I feel adrift, and have lost the sense of my direction doesn’t mean to say I’m lost. There are some souls that value their journey more than the destination. These kinds of souls crave adventures, they want to explore. These kinds of souls satisfy their curiosities by wandering.

To others wandering souls may reflect a person who has no purpose, someone who is trying to find their way through life with no real idea of what route they’re taking. But there is a purpose, and that purpose is to know, and to understand the course of your journey, through every nook and cranny. You’ll always end up somewhere and the journey is what makes it worth it!

Up last, we have everyone’s favorite read; J.K Rowling – Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

paul cohello (1)

When we don’t understand why we’re going through something, or why something has happened, we open the door of denial and close the doors to healing. Just because you can’t understand what’s happening doesn’t mean the problem isn’t there. You have to acknowledge the problem, address as it as being there, only then can you begin fixing it. One of the many beauties of life is that its unpredictable. Nothing is permanent, everything changes, and a lot of things can happen that can transform you, or have an impact on your life. We must accept whatever comes, and embrace it!

Tell me what your favourite quote is, and don’t forget to tell my why!

Nm♡

72 Comments Add yours

1. Dean B says:

Khaled Hosseini’s books always make me cry. They are so harrowing but beautifully written aren’t they? Love all the quotes.

1. NM says:

The Kite Runner has to be the winner. He does have a way with his words that touch your heart! Thank you so much X

Liked by 1 person

2. omg love this!! khaled hosseini and ofc harry potter ones are the best!<3 what a great post!

Absolute FAAAAAVSSSSS

3. I love every one of these!!!

Thank YOU!!

1. You’re welcome!!

4. birdhousebooks says:

Beautiful quotes! The Fitzgerald and Tolkien quotes are two of my all time favorites. – Trish

Thank you!

5. Chelsea says:

I LOVE The quote from Gatsby ❤

6. Dragthepen says:

I love them all and thank you.

7. I love them all!! Great Gatsby holds a special place in my heart ❤

1. NM says:

It is a personal fav of mine too!

8. lmnorton905 says:

I love this! Great quotes and great images! Brava!

Thank you!!

9. VaiChin says:

Loved reading this post. 5 very different quotes, yet they seem to have stood out for you. My favourite has to be the Cohello one.

Thank you for reading!

10. Keely says:

They are all great quotes. The one from Hosseini definitely speaks to me!

1. NM says:

Thank you! Join the club he speaks to us all in here!

11. Kara says:

I love these but my favorite is “not all who wander are lost”. 🙂

1. NM says:

Ahh a special favourite of mine too X

12. Rachel Gault says:

So many great quotes!

Thank you!

13. sittingpugs says:

I like all of the quotes, but my favorite would have to be the Paulo Coelho, especially in context of your comments.

Patience is not one of my strengths, unless I know how much time I have to wait (twenty minutes before the movie starts; 2 hours before the car is ready and I have a book). I agree completely with what you said about “What is meant for you will find you when in the time it’s supposed to.”

Have you read Alain de Botton before?

I think you’d like this one:
    “Memory is like riding a trail at night with a lighted torch. The torch casts its light only so far, and beyond that is darkness.” — Ancient Lakota proverb (The Heart of Everything That Is: The Untold Story of Red Cloud, An American Legend, Bob Drury and Tom Clavin, 221)

1. NM says:

Love it! I haven’t read that one before but I am noting it as a book I need to read! You’re in saying I’d like it, in fact I loved it! X

14. pumpsandpineapples says:

There is absolutely nothing better than a good Harry Potter quote (in my humble opinion <3)

1. NM says:

Aghhh love me some Harry Potter!!

15. tuhinmech says:

A good collection of quotes to motivate the self everyday.
    You are right when you said we should not stop dreaming. The legends are born because of their dreams and farsightedness.
    Thanks for this!

16. Really great quotes and all from such inspirational and popular sources too. I don’t really have a favourite quote, but there are some, like excerpts from my favourite poems, which always stay in my mind.

1. NM says:

Thank you so much! Really? Liiiike…

17. Alexandra says:

So beautiful!
    Alexandra ~ ArtMandy

Thank you!

18. These are really inspiring, some of them I’m ashamed to say I hadn’t read before!

1. NM says:

Don’t be ashamed! Now you have some new reads to explore! X

19. Rachel says:

The act of waiting quote is so true, it is the worst kind of purgatory x

It sure is Rachel! I’ve been there! X

20. I love the third quote!!! All of them are great but that one is my favorite. I needed these today to keep reminding myself that better days are to come.

I hope your days get better Mistle! Hugs and Kisses xx

21. afrugaldesteny says:

I always enjoy a good inspirational quote now and then. Thanks for sharing these 5!

Thank you reading! X

22. Great quotes. I love the one about the universe working together for yo. When things are going the way we think they should we are so quick to assume the universe is “working against” us but sometimes it’s actually just saving us from ourselves.

Perfectly said!

23. Chasa Fulkerson says:

These are a couple of my favorite quotes!

“The past can be escaped only by embracing something better.”
    ― Nicholas Sparks/Best of Me.

” My dad always said that when you’re struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something and to them, it’s just as hard as what you’re going through.”
    -Nicholas Sparks/Dear John

1. NM says:

Ahhhhh Nicholas Spark was my teenage sweetheart! I had every book and watched every film! Thank you for having a read! X

1. Chasa Fulkerson says:

His books are pretty great! You’re welcome!

24. Love these! Fitzgerald was just a fountain of amazing quotes, I love reading his work.

25. Love that LOTR quote! In fact I have it tattooed on my back. 🙂 My all-time favorite quote though is “Life is too important to be taken seriously.” It’s from Oscar Wilde. To me it means to remember to laugh and enjoy life, and not to take everything so seriously that you miss out on living life to it’s fullest.

26. I really like the quote from J.R.R Tolkien – Lord of the Rings.

27. thetravelpockets says:

The Great Gatsby quote is probably my favorite. Love that book.

28. Anosa says:

Not all who wonder are lost, thats my favourite quote on here and personal favourite due to my current lifestyle is ‘i travel not to escape like, but for life not to escape me’.

29. Elle says:

Love these quote! I also love the way you put them into graphics. Very neat!

30. Amy Jones says:

Wonderful pieces! I loved all of them, they’re so soothing. Food for the soul

31. I have read all the books mentioned and I loved them all. The Tolkien’s one is my fav, and I think that Harry Potter is so dramatically full of inspirational quotes that I like reading the books over and over again!

32. Tolkien’s quote is absolutely my favorite one. Not only because I’m a dreamer and because I’m a Lord of the Rings fun, but also because I truly agree with the quote itself.

Just like you I get criticised often for being a “dreamer” and not a realist. But I believe that dreams can pretty much always be realized.

Great post, I’m definitely more inspired now 🙂

Jessica

33. Kara Guppy says:

I love the Harry Potter Quote!

34. I’m totally not going to lie, I’m a quotes junkie so I absolutely LOVE this post – you chose some great ones!!

35. ljdove23 says:

Great quotes! My favourite is probably Tolkiens one, I love an uplifting motivational quote, really gets me thinking and boosts my mood for the day.

36. fortheloveofpopcornandwine says:

I love the quote all that wonder are not lost! Short, simple and totally true! Great inspiration 🙂

37. fortheloveofpopcornandwine says:

I love the quote all that wonder are not lost! Short, true and straight to the point! These quotes are very inspirational 🙂

38. lastchance3 says:

I definitely love some of these (Tolkein and Rowling). It really surprising how you can get such gems in fantasy novels. To this day, I’m floored by some of the incredible lines in the Harry Potter series. I truly believe that if something is meant for you, and you do want it bad enough, the Universe/God etc. will provide it.

39. Ana De Jesus says:

I loved Georges’s quote best, without literature our imagination is restricted and prevented from entering the world of make believe, where our fantasies exist.

40. Jenni says:

These are wonderful quotes, I’m useless at remembering phrases x

41. mariaisquixotic says:

Tbh, I have a lot of quotes that are my faves. I mean, all the quote have been inspiring me since I saw them. Yet, the one that struck me most is: “Not all those who wander are lost.” Just because someone stumbled and fell and got lost, doesn’t mean the person won’t be able to get back. We may get in a winding road but what’s important is how we survived that road. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

42. I had to laugh when I read the quote of Khaled Hosseini – A Thousand Splendid Suns. Hahahaha having patience is torture for me. I’m not a patient person. Which usually means I don’t wait. I just act. I can’t sit around and wait. Alway trying to influence the process :). Nice quotes!

43. jayresa03 says:

Inspiring and very uplifting quotes. Perfect for every situation you are in!

44. I love to read inspirational quotes! I even have a special place for them in my blog.
    I think it’s always important to keep pursuing what you want in life, even if people tell you you’re just a dreamer.
    We can learn from our failures too and not just by our success.

45. excellent quotes love the harry potter one and the lord of the rings (they’re two of my favourite books)

Liked by 1 person

46. These quotes are all so beautiful — I totally agree with you that books open doors to magical new worlds. My favorite has to be the Tolkien one though. He really was a master with words.

Emma | http://www.creativexplorations.com

47. Johna says:

I love this post!! I love reading inspiring quotes. They always remind me to keep going, stay motivated and stay happy. Thank youuu 😀 I’ll be bookmarking this page so I can come back and reread some of these quotes 😀

48. Those were all inspiring and life changing. Thank you for putting all these together. I love quotes! I keep a collection of them on my journal 🙂

49. ROBERT LEE says:

I love your post because I myself love reading quotes. Sometimes I see a quote that has such a profound effect on my that I look up the author to find out more. In a sense, this has allowed me to learn new things. Of the five quotes you featured, the one I am most familiar with, is that the universe conspires to give us all we want. It’s just that we still have to be smart and be sure that whatever it is we are doing is on the right path to our dreams.

50. Julianne May says:

Geeze I loved this post so much! Your have no idea how much a simple quote can mean to someone.
    Thankyou for such a nice article.!!