5 Inspirational Quotes

Reading helps me escape the harsh realities of this world, and get lost and explore the walls and hidden rooms of a brand new world. A brand new world that always end up giving me gentle reminders of the harsh realities of my real world. There is magic hidden in the pages of every books, and some of us like to be transformed by what we read. One of them being yours truly! ME!

There is a different kind of magic in words, and stories bring them life. They take you on a journey, one that can torture and stab you, one that teaches you, one you learn lessons from, words you take back with you to your own world; because they touch your heart.

There are many books I’ve read that have moved me from the first page to the last. My head would be buried in between the pages for hours and hours, until I soaked up every last but of literature. George R.R Martin writes in “A Dance With The Dragons,” “..A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads only lives one.”  You have free entry into worlds that will move you, inspire you, even motivate you.

I have put together 5 quotes from different books, words that have touched so I hold them in my fists and shove them in my pocket, everywhere I go. The different worlds put together in the pages of the books you read, have the power to transform you and your own world.

The very first is; Paul Cohello – The Alchemist.

1 (22)

This is the best reminder to my fellow dreamers to stay focused and to continue being hopeful. I get criticised often for being a dreamer; and not a realist. I shouldn’t be too hopeful because thing don’t always work out the way that we expect it to.  But I’m still hopeful because I know that if I desire something, that drives from a positive and happy place, and it brings me joy working on that dream, that sense of happiness nourishes the Soul of the Universe.

On the other hand, if I’m not getting what I want and my dreams aren’t coming true for me even by the smallest means, then that’s because my desires drive from a negative place. I can’t be so unhappy with not getting what I want, or get desperate with making my dream come true, I can’t be sad without it. Just like happiness nourishes the Soul of the Universe, negative feelings towards your dream, whether that be anger, or frustration, that weakens the Soul of the Universe killing your desires with it.

Next up we have; F. Scott Fitzgerald – The Great Gatsby

1 (23).jpg

The final lines of The Great Gatsby conclude the novel entirely. As human beings, we struggle with moving beyond the past. We’re all the captain of our own ship, and throughout our journey on the sea, we will be hit by currents that will change the direction of your ship. When the waters are rough, it makes moving our ship forward and making progress, difficult. The current is a reflection of our past, which work against us, and always try to pull us backwards. We’re constantly fighting to move on with our lives, we want to keep growing, and progressing. If we stand still for a second, we’ll find ourselves in the past.

One of my favorite reads; Khaled Hosseini – A Thousand Splendid Suns

paul cohello (3)

Anyone that knows me well will also know that I am the most impatient person to ever live on this Earth. It’s something I try hard to work on because patience is power. I may take the award for being the most impatient person to ever live on this Earth, I’m positive I’m not the only one in this club.  There’re a lot of other members in this club, and we all dislike the notion of waiting as we don’t know what we’re to expect! All the members of this exclusive club would rather the wait be over as quick as possible because we want to move onto our next goal, or our next step. Every moment you have is a blessing, do something with the time you have, pour your force into other things to bide your time. What is meant for you will find you when in the time it’s supposed to.

Drum rooooolllll; J.R.R Tolkien  Lord of the Rings

paul cohello (2)

I’m lost most of the time, I find myself in places I never expected I’d ever be in, and always question the direction I’m going. I have dreams and aspirations, but it’s taking me a long time to get there because my journey isn’t a straight path, it’s taking every turn in the road that in possibly can. Just because I feel adrift, and have lost the sense of my direction doesn’t mean to say I’m lost. There are some souls that value their journey more than the destination. These kinds of souls crave adventures, they want to explore. These kinds of souls satisfy their curiosities by wandering.

To others wandering souls may reflect a person who has no purpose, someone who is trying to find their way through life with no real idea of what route they’re taking. But there is a purpose, and that purpose is to know, and to understand the course of your journey, through every nook and cranny. You’ll always end up somewhere and the journey is what makes it worth it!

Up last, we have everyone’s favorite read; J.K Rowling – Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

paul cohello (1)

When we don’t understand why we’re going through something, or why something has happened, we open the door of denial and close the doors to healing. Just because you can’t understand what’s happening doesn’t mean the problem isn’t there. You have to acknowledge the problem, address as it as being there, only then can you begin fixing it. One of the many beauties of life is that its unpredictable. Nothing is permanent, everything changes, and a lot of things can happen that can transform you, or have an impact on your life. We must accept whatever comes, and embrace it!

Tell me what your favourite quote is, and don’t forget to tell my why!

Nm♡

Share:

1. July 19, 2016 / 12:12 pm

Khaled Hosseini’s books always make me cry. They are so harrowing but beautifully written aren’t they? Love all the quotes.

• July 19, 2016 / 12:24 pm

The Kite Runner has to be the winner. He does have a way with his words that touch your heart! Thank you so much X

2. July 19, 2016 / 12:17 pm

omg love this!! khaled hosseini and ofc harry potter ones are the best!<3 what a great post!

• July 19, 2016 / 12:24 pm

Absolute FAAAAAVSSSSS

3. birdhousebooks
    July 19, 2016 / 1:28 pm

Beautiful quotes! The Fitzgerald and Tolkien quotes are two of my all time favorites. – Trish

• July 20, 2016 / 2:52 pm

Thank you!

4. July 19, 2016 / 2:41 pm

I LOVE The quote from Gatsby <3

5. July 19, 2016 / 3:59 pm

I love them all!! Great Gatsby holds a special place in my heart <3

• July 20, 2016 / 2:51 pm

It is a personal fav of mine too!

6. lmnorton905
    July 19, 2016 / 4:38 pm

I love this! Great quotes and great images! Brava!

• July 20, 2016 / 2:51 pm

Thank you!!

7. VaiChin
    July 19, 2016 / 7:12 pm

Loved reading this post. 5 very different quotes, yet they seem to have stood out for you. My favourite has to be the Cohello one.

• July 20, 2016 / 2:51 pm

Thank you for reading!

8. July 19, 2016 / 7:18 pm

They are all great quotes. The one from Hosseini definitely speaks to me!

• July 20, 2016 / 2:51 pm

Thank you! Join the club he speaks to us all in here!

9. July 19, 2016 / 7:42 pm

I love these but my favorite is “not all who wander are lost”. 🙂

• July 20, 2016 / 2:50 pm

Ahh a special favourite of mine too X

• July 20, 2016 / 2:50 pm

Thank you!

10. July 20, 2016 / 1:48 am

I like all of the quotes, but my favorite would have to be the Paulo Coelho, especially in context of your comments.

Patience is not one of my strengths, unless I know how much time I have to wait (twenty minutes before the movie starts; 2 hours before the car is ready and I have a book). I agree completely with what you said about “What is meant for you will find you when in the time it’s supposed to.”

Have you read Alain de Botton before?

I think you’d like this one:
    “Memory is like riding a trail at night with a lighted torch. The torch casts its light only so far, and beyond that is darkness.” — Ancient Lakota proverb (The Heart of Everything That Is: The Untold Story of Red Cloud, An American Legend, Bob Drury and Tom Clavin, 221)

• July 20, 2016 / 2:50 pm

Love it! I haven’t read that one before but I am noting it as a book I need to read! You’re in saying I’d like it, in fact I loved it! X

• July 20, 2016 / 2:49 pm

Aghhh love me some Harry Potter!!

11. July 20, 2016 / 7:11 am

A good collection of quotes to motivate the self everyday.
    You are right when you said we should not stop dreaming. The legends are born because of their dreams and farsightedness.
    Thanks for this!

12. July 20, 2016 / 8:05 am

Really great quotes and all from such inspirational and popular sources too. I don’t really have a favourite quote, but there are some, like excerpts from my favourite poems, which always stay in my mind.

• July 20, 2016 / 2:48 pm

Thank you so much! Really? Liiiike…

• July 20, 2016 / 2:47 pm

Thank you!

• July 20, 2016 / 2:48 pm

Don’t be ashamed! Now you have some new reads to explore! X

13. July 20, 2016 / 1:32 pm

The act of waiting quote is so true, it is the worst kind of purgatory x

• July 20, 2016 / 2:47 pm

It sure is Rachel! I’ve been there! X

14. July 20, 2016 / 1:50 pm

I love the third quote!!! All of them are great but that one is my favorite. I needed these today to keep reminding myself that better days are to come.

• July 20, 2016 / 2:47 pm

I hope your days get better Mistle! Hugs and Kisses xx

15. afrugaldesteny
    July 20, 2016 / 2:46 pm

I always enjoy a good inspirational quote now and then. Thanks for sharing these 5!

• July 20, 2016 / 2:46 pm

Thank you reading! X

16. July 20, 2016 / 4:27 pm

Great quotes. I love the one about the universe working together for yo. When things are going the way we think they should we are so quick to assume the universe is “working against” us but sometimes it’s actually just saving us from ourselves.

• July 20, 2016 / 4:31 pm

Perfectly said!

17. July 20, 2016 / 4:38 pm

These are a couple of my favorite quotes!

“The past can be escaped only by embracing something better.”
    ― Nicholas Sparks/Best of Me.

” My dad always said that when you’re struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something and to them, it’s just as hard as what you’re going through.”
    -Nicholas Sparks/Dear John

• July 20, 2016 / 4:39 pm

Ahhhhh Nicholas Spark was my teenage sweetheart! I had every book and watched every film! Thank you for having a read! X

18. July 20, 2016 / 5:04 pm

Love these! Fitzgerald was just a fountain of amazing quotes, I love reading his work.

19. July 20, 2016 / 5:09 pm

Love that LOTR quote! In fact I have it tattooed on my back. 🙂 My all-time favorite quote though is “Life is too important to be taken seriously.” It’s from Oscar Wilde. To me it means to remember to laugh and enjoy life, and not to take everything so seriously that you miss out on living life to it’s fullest.

20. July 20, 2016 / 6:47 pm

I really like the quote from J.R.R Tolkien – Lord of the Rings.

21. thetravelpockets
    July 20, 2016 / 7:47 pm

The Great Gatsby quote is probably my favorite. Love that book.

22. July 20, 2016 / 9:20 pm

Not all who wonder are lost, thats my favourite quote on here and personal favourite due to my current lifestyle is ‘i travel not to escape like, but for life not to escape me’.

23. July 20, 2016 / 10:20 pm

Love these quote! I also love the way you put them into graphics. Very neat!

24. July 20, 2016 / 11:28 pm

Wonderful pieces! I loved all of them, they’re so soothing. Food for the soul

25. July 21, 2016 / 7:07 am

I have read all the books mentioned and I loved them all. The Tolkien’s one is my fav, and I think that Harry Potter is so dramatically full of inspirational quotes that I like reading the books over and over again!

26. July 21, 2016 / 7:13 am

Tolkien’s quote is absolutely my favorite one. Not only because I’m a dreamer and because I’m a Lord of the Rings fun, but also because I truly agree with the quote itself.

Just like you I get criticised often for being a “dreamer” and not a realist. But I believe that dreams can pretty much always be realized.

Great post, I’m definitely more inspired now 🙂

Jessica

27. July 21, 2016 / 1:09 pm

I’m totally not going to lie, I’m a quotes junkie so I absolutely LOVE this post – you chose some great ones!!

28. July 21, 2016 / 1:32 pm

Great quotes! My favourite is probably Tolkiens one, I love an uplifting motivational quote, really gets me thinking and boosts my mood for the day.

29. fortheloveofpopcornandwine
    July 21, 2016 / 3:11 pm

I love the quote all that wonder are not lost! Short, simple and totally true! Great inspiration 🙂

30. fortheloveofpopcornandwine
    July 21, 2016 / 3:13 pm

I love the quote all that wonder are not lost! Short, true and straight to the point! These quotes are very inspirational 🙂

31. lastchance3
    July 21, 2016 / 4:50 pm

I definitely love some of these (Tolkein and Rowling). It really surprising how you can get such gems in fantasy novels. To this day, I’m floored by some of the incredible lines in the Harry Potter series. I truly believe that if something is meant for you, and you do want it bad enough, the Universe/God etc. will provide it.

32. July 21, 2016 / 9:48 pm

I loved Georges’s quote best, without literature our imagination is restricted and prevented from entering the world of make believe, where our fantasies exist.

33. July 22, 2016 / 10:49 am

These are wonderful quotes, I’m useless at remembering phrases x

34. July 26, 2016 / 3:18 pm

Tbh, I have a lot of quotes that are my faves. I mean, all the quote have been inspiring me since I saw them. Yet, the one that struck me most is: “Not all those who wander are lost.” Just because someone stumbled and fell and got lost, doesn’t mean the person won’t be able to get back. We may get in a winding road but what’s important is how we survived that road. 🙂

35. July 26, 2016 / 6:05 pm

I had to laugh when I read the quote of Khaled Hosseini – A Thousand Splendid Suns. Hahahaha having patience is torture for me. I’m not a patient person. Which usually means I don’t wait. I just act. I can’t sit around and wait. Alway trying to influence the process :). Nice quotes!

36. July 27, 2016 / 8:40 am

Inspiring and very uplifting quotes. Perfect for every situation you are in!

37. July 28, 2016 / 4:31 pm

I love to read inspirational quotes! I even have a special place for them in my blog.
    I think it’s always important to keep pursuing what you want in life, even if people tell you you’re just a dreamer.
    We can learn from our failures too and not just by our success.

38. August 7, 2016 / 12:13 pm

excellent quotes love the harry potter one and the lord of the rings (they’re two of my favourite books)

39. October 1, 2016 / 9:11 am

I love this post!! I love reading inspiring quotes. They always remind me to keep going, stay motivated and stay happy. Thank youuu 😀 I’ll be bookmarking this page so I can come back and reread some of these quotes 😀

40. October 1, 2016 / 1:30 pm

Those were all inspiring and life changing. Thank you for putting all these together. I love quotes! I keep a collection of them on my journal 🙂

41. October 1, 2016 / 2:53 pm

I love your post because I myself love reading quotes. Sometimes I see a quote that has such a profound effect on my that I look up the author to find out more. In a sense, this has allowed me to learn new things. Of the five quotes you featured, the one I am most familiar with, is that the universe conspires to give us all we want. It’s just that we still have to be smart and be sure that whatever it is we are doing is on the right path to our dreams.

42. November 8, 2016 / 6:51 am

Geeze I loved this post so much! Your have no idea how much a simple quote can mean to someone.
    Thankyou for such a nice article.!!