JAMJAR – COVENTRY

Dearest readers,

I have an extremely massive sweet tooth & lord knows my mother is the same!

If it was completely down to me I would start all meals off with a dessert not only because it’s my favourite part of a meal but also because by the time I get to the dessert I am always full, so I very rarely get to reap the benefits of a good dessert.

I had heard through the grapevine a new dessert parlour was due to open in my home city of Coventry called JamJar which I was really excited about since Coventry is the last place I look for desserts.

The thought of supporting my local businesses gives the pits of my stomach a warm and satisfying feeling so off I trotted with my two sisters to uncover a gem in Coventry!

Hello Jamjar Coventry do not accept card so a cash point right outside is pretty convenient

I had already been to the JamJar in Birmingham and was interested to see what the franchise in Coventry had to offer since I thoroughly enjoyed my time and dessert at the branch in Birmingham.

I was pleasantly surprised as soon as I entered the parlour as the vast difference in both chains were so noticeable.

Located on Corporation Street in Coventry, JamJar offers an open plan diner styled experience with rustic and vintage vibes.

Riots of red run through the entire parlour lighting up the walls with colour.

We were quickly seated at a booth and were served our menus.

Jam Jar offer a large variety of desserts – what do you fancy?

A waffle? Maybe a crepe? Do you feel like taking it back to old school or would you prefer a sundae? Are you an ice-cream girl or a cake kind of girl? Do you like to wash it down with a milkshake or are you a mocktail kind of girl?

JamJar caters to all.

I felt like taking it back to school so I chose a jam roly poly! I had been craving a strawberry mocktail for the longest of time, so I washed my roly poly down with one of those badboys!

My younger sister also felt like taking it back to school so she went for an apple crumble with custard!

My older sister who by the way took all the photos in this post so shout out to her – is the most adventurous and went for a chocolate flake crepe which she washed down with a strawberry mocktail!

In all this excitement over ordering our food we hadn’t noticed the place fill up.

Each booth and table were filled with customers and the comforting buzzing sound of conversation was hanging in the air.

Please be advised the wait time for desserts to arrive is around 30-40 minutes.

Although this gave us plenty of time to take pictures we hadn’t realised it would take that long for our orders to come to us so please be advised of a short waiting period after ordering your desserts.

Once they were bought to our table all our worries and troubles suddenly disappeared as we jumped into our trays of sweet goodness.

There were a sizable number of staff on deck for the Saturday evening that it was and did feel like the service could have been made faster.

I was however well tended to and had no complaints with the service or the dessert!

Make sure to pop into JamJar Coventry if you’re ever in the area, I promise you’ll love it!

What are some of your favourite dessert places?

Love Always,

NmDiaries♡

PIN ME!!!!

Share:

54 Comments

1. February 4, 2018 / 10:09 pm

Oh WOW!!! This is my kind of place! I have a really sweet tooth too and apple crumble is a personal favourite! I so need to go here!

2. February 4, 2018 / 10:10 pm

Oh my life this looks right up my street and not to far away !!

3. February 5, 2018 / 5:20 am

These desserts look delicious! My partner is all about dessert, so he would absolutely love visiting somewhere like this. I think it is important to support local businesses, so well done you on spreading the word.

4. February 5, 2018 / 7:09 am

Those desserts look AMAZING! If you need me I’ll be standing over by the jars of Nutella!

5. February 5, 2018 / 7:24 am

So many pots of Nutella! LOL this is my type of place just because of this

6. February 5, 2018 / 7:35 am

I love foodie posts – those desserts look super scrummy and really delicious – I am hungry just looking at the piccys x

7. February 5, 2018 / 9:46 am

I have some friends that have a sweet tooth. They would love this place. The dessert looks really yummy.

8. February 5, 2018 / 11:43 am

I love the decor! I love foodie posts, the puds look absolutely amazing.

9. February 5, 2018 / 12:16 pm

Why oh why is is sooooo far away. This looks like my kind of restaurant

10. February 5, 2018 / 2:08 pm

It looks like a really cool spot. You can’t beat an apple crumble as far as I’m concerned!!!

11. February 5, 2018 / 2:22 pm

This looks amazing – definitely worth a visit! Certainly looks like a winner for Nutella fans!

12. February 5, 2018 / 3:57 pm

I’ve never heard of this place. I’d love to visit here one day. The dessert options look and sound right up my street! Thanks for sharing!

Victoria | http://www.spokenreveries.co.uk

13. February 5, 2018 / 5:51 pm

I have a serious sweet tooth so this place looks like heaven to me. And that Apple Crumble looks to die for.

14. February 5, 2018 / 7:42 pm

Ooooh, I’d love to visit this place. I love desserts but, like you, am always too full to enjoy them after a meal. Haha!

15. Jasmin N
    February 5, 2018 / 9:32 pm

This sounds & looks absolutely an amazing place! Would love to visit one day!

16. February 5, 2018 / 9:53 pm

I would love a dessert bar!!! The food looked so nice and funky interiors too

17. February 5, 2018 / 11:41 pm

I love nothing more than a dessert parlor. The year I was pregnant with my second i have vivid memories of ordering the sharing pudding just for myself on my birthday. Good times.

18. February 6, 2018 / 4:34 am

Ohhh yum that Apple crumble looks lushhhhh!! Definetly my kinda place! Never heard of Jam jar… Will have to see if they have a branch in London 🙂

19. February 6, 2018 / 4:53 am

My favorite desert place is called Piece of Cake. Have you ever tried the wine Jam Jar. It is so good and sweet. it is a South African wine and one of my all time favorites.

20. February 6, 2018 / 4:58 am

Wow these deserts look amazing. I have never heard of this place but it looks like a great place to get some good treats,

21. February 6, 2018 / 6:09 am

This looks so delicious my mouth is watering. I have a sweet tooth as well.

22. February 6, 2018 / 7:11 am

That wall of nutella is too funny! All of these treats look so tasty. I know I wouldn’t be able to pick just one! 🙂

23. February 6, 2018 / 11:31 am

This sounds like a great place to have dessert! We just have frozen yogurt places and ice cream parlors in my town. A nice dessert place sounds like a wonderful idea!

24. February 6, 2018 / 12:02 pm

No lie I salivated at all those Nutella jars … is wrong for me to have Nutella with a spoon for lunch? lol

25. February 6, 2018 / 12:32 pm

This sounds like a place I could visit every day! This looks absolutely delicious.

26. February 6, 2018 / 12:57 pm

I’ve got a sweet tooth too and that looks delicious! I’m trying so hard to stay away from sugar, but if that opened up here, I’d have to try it!

27. February 6, 2018 / 2:09 pm

Everything looks absolutely scrumptious and mouth watering!

28. February 6, 2018 / 2:17 pm

I think I must have a second stomach for dessert as I’m never too full! It looks like a fun place to visit. Strange that the wait is so long.

29. February 6, 2018 / 4:25 pm

Well, now I need crumble and custard! The dessert of the gods

30. Kiwi
    February 6, 2018 / 4:55 pm

I love foodie spots with out of the box concepts. I am loving the decor and I would drool over the apple pie crumble!

31. February 6, 2018 / 5:55 pm

It looks like a mosaic! 🙂

32. February 6, 2018 / 6:24 pm

Oh my word. This sounds like heaven on earth! Definitely my kind of place!

33. February 6, 2018 / 6:41 pm

Oh man everything looks sooooo good. Especially that apple crumble with custard are you kidding me!!

34. February 6, 2018 / 6:48 pm

I have a massive sweet tooth as well. I would love to find Jam Jar. Those desserts are calling my name.

35. February 6, 2018 / 7:53 pm

yummy! The Nutella jars in cages made me giggle. That’s where I need to keep mine — locked up! haha

36. February 6, 2018 / 9:16 pm

I wish there was one near us! We would be planning our next girlie night out there! The food looks delicious and I really like all your photos x

37. February 7, 2018 / 3:11 am

This looks so cool. I’d love to check it out.

38. February 7, 2018 / 8:16 am

We have a quite a lot of outlets that are springing up in every nook and corner of UAE serving desserts just this way! I never go anywhere since it is too much sugar and I am already struggling with weight! 😀 The desserts look delicious especially the one that your sister ordered looks way yum… I have a small suggestion… please do not include pictures which are not relevant to the post, like hands, and sides, and so on… I hope you take it positively… Good luck for more reviews, sister!

• NM
      February 7, 2018 / 8:33 am

Thank you for your kind words Rafeeda! You should definitely check one out even if it’s for the decor – the decor is always worth it! Many thanks for your suggestions! I however do like to include other bits and bobs in my posts as my posts are like diary entries to me and I like to include different aspects of my day in my post! I hope this makes sense & thank you so much for popping by! ❤️

39. February 7, 2018 / 9:44 am

I love the decor! I wasn’t sure what I was expecting of a place called Jamjar but your review has made me want to visit.

40. February 7, 2018 / 1:26 pm

Oh yum they look scrummy. Not sure which one I would have picked though 🙂

41. February 7, 2018 / 5:13 pm

That place looks so cool. All of the nice colors make it look inviting. My was watering after the picture of the apple crumble! Thanks for sharing.

42. February 7, 2018 / 8:51 pm

That apple crumble looks delicious! I don’t have a big sweet tooth but we have somewhere similar near us and for someone who prefers savoury desserts I’ve been there very often ha!

43. February 8, 2018 / 10:14 pm

It’s a shame the wait was so long. But the deserts look really delicious. I’m so lucky to live in a seaside town so there are loads of places that serve just desserts (mostly ice cream based, but lots of waffles too). Like you I wish we could have dessert before dinner all the time haha.

44. Zainab
    February 11, 2018 / 5:47 am

Reading this post was mouth watering. I don’t think we have anything like that where I live.

45. February 11, 2018 / 12:21 pm

I have never come across a restaurant dedicated to desserts and now I want to go. It not only looks cool but sounds amazing!

46. February 12, 2018 / 10:22 am

All the desserts look so tempting! Thanks for sharing this review!

47. February 12, 2018 / 2:03 pm

Jam Jar looks delicious, especially the apply crumble which is my favourite dessert! I wish we had something similar in London. If I ever swing by Coventry I’ll make sure I’ll pop into Jam Jar! Thanks for the review.

48. February 12, 2018 / 5:37 pm

I have a sweet tooth too, I love all the different varieties shown, it looks so yummy.

49. February 12, 2018 / 10:10 pm

The decor looks so cool and the desserts look absolutely incredible, plus just a train ride from me!

50. February 13, 2018 / 2:11 pm

Even I am sweet addict….i love to start with dessert many a times….love the pics….they are making me drool…looks like you had lots of sweet fun….